To our loyal current and future patients.
We are sure that you have been well versed on COVID-19 through many platforms. However, we at The Hip & Groin Clinic feel that we should inform you of our current approach to patient care.
We understand that the landscape regarding COVID-19 is ever changing and that we may need to alter our stance to patient care as further government and health advice is forthcoming. Currently we are offering both our usual face to face consults but also Tele-Health options for those who chose not to travel to the clinic.
For those attending the clinic, we are implementing several policies that we believe minimise patient’s risk of exposure :
- We are working in allocated pods to ensure that only select staff work certain shifts and that those staff never interact with staff from the alternate pod. We believe that this will give us the best option to continue to provide patient care yet limit traffic through the clinic and contact between staff.
- We are consulting without linen and thoroughly cleaning treatment plinths and consulting room furniture after each appointment.
- The gym access is limited to rehabilitation only and equipment is cleaned after every use.
- As the patient, we kindly ask that you opt for a TeleHealth consultation by contacting the reception staff (well in advance of your allocated appointment) if you have travelled abroad in the last month or if you are currently ill, or have been ill within the last two weeks.
- We would also ask that our patients (as our staff do) take their temperature the night prior to and the morning of their appointment and notify staff by telephone if your temperature is 37°C or above.
For patients who would prefer a Telehealth consult, making an appointment is easy, just contact the staff at Malvern Sports Medicine Centre on (03) 9509 8844. The friendly receptionist will guide you with regard to how your clinician will be able to conduct an appointment with you.
We hope that this approach will provide the best care possible to each of you, in whatever environment suits you the patient.
From The Hip & Groin Team, we hope that you, and those close to you, stay safe in these challenging times.